Jewelry is often said to be the possessor’s delight. But just picking up the right pieces is not enough. What is essential is to layer them perfectly and create a well-balanced look.
The right jewelry piece complements your looks and enhances your attire. It adds style and flair to your entire appearance.
But most of us commit some of the common jewelry mistakes that we regret. As a result, we do not achieve the look that we aspire for even after our best efforts. To help you out, here are some the most common jewelry mistakes that will help you to look your best.
- Mistake 1 – Not Knowing Your Jewelry Metal – While purchasing the favourite jewelry piece, ask the jeweller about your metal. Ensure that you are well-aware about what triggers allergies and skin issues in your case. There are also pieces that come with a plethora of metals. Know about them prior to buying. Also, there is no point in wearing ruby earrings with platinum necklace. As they are 2 different worlds and will never go together. So, wear accessories that look similar. The metals like platinum, silver, cobalt and white gold which come with shiny look should be worn together.
- Mistake 2 – Not Going for “Less is More” – All of us want the pieces or accessories that adorn us to look desirable and valuable. But too much jewelry can spoil the entire look. None of them will stand out. Too much of everything is bad and this is also true for our accessories, too. So you should follow the concept of “less is more” and this is definitely going to create the “wow” factor. Just go with the ones that will accentuate your overall look.
- Mistake 3 – Not Matching the Earrings to the Hairstyle – There are many possibilities at the time of choosing the earrings. But there are some primary ones – studs, teardrops, chandeliers, dangles, clusters, huggies and hoops. Here is a guide to help you out –
- a) Dangles are best for Pixie and Hair Updo
- b) Clusters/Stars for Wearing Down Hair
- c) Chandeliers and Tear Drops are great for Ponytails and
- d) Drop-down Earrings are apt for the Bun
- Mistake 4 – Not Matching the Necklace with the Necklines –Opting for the right necklace to suit the outfit can be quite a tricky affair. Most of us mess that up which prevents us from gaining the desirable look. To help you here is a guide.
- Wear a V-shaped Necklace with Halter Top
- Opt for a Boat Neck with Bib Necklace
- Choker Necklace is Best for the Strapless Dress
- Buy statement necklace for a Buttoned-Up Shirt
- Match a Long Sautoir for the Turtlenecks
- Rivierie Necklace is Best for the Sweetheart Neckline
- Mistake 5 – Not Wearing the Jewelry Based on Skin Tone – While the warm skin tone is suitable for gold ornaments, those with cool skin tones should try the platinum or silver jewelry. As you choose the right metal for the jewelry, it is important that you keep in mind your skin tone as well. The white gold, rose gold, yellow gold and the platinum are the best metals in trend these days. While selecting the exquisite pieces always keep the skin tone in mind. This goes for everything from the earrings and necklaces to the bracelets and rings. This will boost your aesthetics and enhance your attire making you stand out in the crowd.
Now that you know, try to avoid these common jewelry mistakes so that you can make the most of your favourite accessories and be the head-turner the moment you step out of your house.