The Rudraksha is a highly regarded bead which is acquired from the Rudraksha tree with the Botanical name ‘ElaeocarpusGanitrusRoxb’. The Rudraksha is famous from ancient times and is worn by many Hindus all over the world. The Rudraksha is connected to the powerful Lord Shiva and it is said that the Lord is extremely fond of the Rudraksha beads. In the Shiva Purana, the VidyeshvaraSamhita section has a verse which translates in English to – Even the Rudraksha which is only of the size of the fruit of the Jujube accords the benefit and heightens happiness and good fortune.
The Rudraksha beads have facets or faces called ‘mukhis’, which are prominent ridge like lines running in a longitudinal manner on the bead. Rudraksha beads are of different mukhisor faces, so the properties of every mukhi is different too.
The 9 mukhi Rudraksha is a revered and powerful Rudraksha bead with nine(9) natural vertical lines running from top to bottom of the bead. In Hindi it is called Nau mukhi Rudraksha. Like other mukhi/faces Rudrakshas, the 9 mukhi Rudraksha is ruled by a Hindu deity and it is Goddess Durga, the Divine Mother who rules over the 9 mukhi Rudraksha. This Rudraksha is endowed with the celestial power of the 9 majestic manifestations of Goddess Durga, called Nava Durga. The 9 mukhi Rudraksha possesmaterial and spiritual blessings and the loving Divine Mother benevolently offers material satisfaction by fulfilling the desires of comforts, pleasures and other worldly achievements. It helps to progress ahead in the path of spirituality and offers the opportunity to liberate self to attain ‘Moksha’.
The planet which rules the 9 mukhi Rudraksha is Rahu, which is a planet if placed in the birth-chart in a unfavourable position, can be the cause of struggles and miseries. Wearing the 9 mukhi Rudraksha can nullify the malefic effects of Rahu.
The Rudraksha Jabalo Upanishad says that the magnificent 9 mukhi Rudraksha also posses the vibration of KaalBhairav which releases fear of time, protects from untimely death, sadness etc.
The 9 mukhi Rudraksha is connected with the Sahasrara Chakra or the Crown Chakra which is an energy centre located on top of the head or rather the crown and when activated it helps us to connect to the Universe and the Super conscious.
Also Read:- 6 Astonishingly Rare Flowers
The 9 mukhi Rudraksha is found in Nepal and Java. The genuine 9 mukhi Rudraksha bead of Nepal is costlier than the Java one.
The 9 mukhi Rudraksha is a preferred bead of women, whether a homemaker or working women as it is ruled by Maa Durga.
Benefits of wearing 9 mukhi Rudraksha:-
Goddess Durga who rules the 9 mukhi Rudraksha makes the benefits of wearing this Rudraksha very strong and powerful.
1) It helps to establish and fortify connection with Goddess Durga. Any individual wanting to connect with Maa Durga should wear the 9 mukhi Rudraksha. Sins and worries are effectively cleansed on wearing it.
2) Removes fears from the heart and mind, especially of Evil Spirits and ghosts.
3) Helps to triumph over enemies.
4) It eliminates ill-effects of planet Rahu.
5) 9 mukhi Rudraksha blesses the wearer with strength, courage, endurance power, name and fame.
6) Instils bravery, a fearless and positive attitude, dynamism. The will power is boosted and the individual starts having a broader perspective to life.
7) It energizes the Sahasrara Chakra/Crown Chakra which is the seat of Divine energies and helps the wearer gain self realization, value for self, contentment and be in the attitude-of -gratitude mode. For individuals seeking such higher consciousness, the 9 mukhi Rudraksha is most suitable.
8) The nervous system and the brain stays controlled by the 9 mukhi Rudraksha.
9) It helps in striking a balance between spiritual and the materialistic life and brings happiness.
10) It helps to achieve success in all aspects of life. Attracts material success and promotes spiritual growth.
Benefits of 9 mukhi Rudraksha in physical healing:-
- It is excellent in relieving psychological disorders like worries, fears, phobias, Hallucination and OCD.
- It heals dizziness.
- Helps to cure skin diseases.
The 9 mukhi Rudraksha can be worn on silk or wool thread and can be capped with Silver and Gold. The advice is that the Rudraksha should be close to the skin, though touching the skin is not necessary for maximum effect of the Rudraksha bead.
Puja of 9 mukhi Rudraksha:-
To wear the 9 mukhi Rudraksha the best day is Saturday. After having a bath on a Saturday morning, take Gangajal (water of Gangeseriver) or mix Gangajal to some pure water in a copper vessel. Soak the 9 mukhi in it and gently wash it. In another copper vessel arrange 9 Peepal leaves, in a circular form, overlapping each other. Place the 9 mukhi Rudraksha on the Peepal leaves arrangement and sprinkle some Gangajal or mixture of water and Gangajal. Apply paste of Chandan or Sandalwood on the Rudraksha, light a Ghee lamp next to the vessel in which the 9 mukhi Rudraksha is kept and offer some flowers with reverence. Light incense stick and offer the fumes to the Rudraksha. With focus and calmness chant the Beej mantra “AUM HREEM HOOM NAMAH” 108 times. Thank the Divine and Maa Durga and the 9 mukhi Rudraksha is ready to wear.
Tip to check if the Rudraksha is genuine:-
Soak the bead in a glass of warm water. After sometime take the Rudraksha out and check whether the water is clean. Examine the bead for discolouration and see if the faces are intact or disjointed. If there are small holes in the Rudraksha bead then it is not a right one. If all the results of checking meet the standard then dry the Rudraksha bead and wear it after energizing it.
It is advisable to buy the 9 mukhi Rudraksha from a reputed dealer.
This Rudraksha when worn correctly manifests qualities of courage, fearlessness and dynamism along with material accomplishments.