Children are more prone to bacterial infections than adults, so they should be protected from all such infections. Many a time you will see that children get infected by wet cough easily, so to cure their problem, there are many cough syrups available in the market. But the most trusted cough syrup is Torex cough syrup for wet cough. The ingredients present in this cough syrup are ayurvedic so it does not have any side effect on the body.
Apart from this cough syrups, many home remedies are very effective in curing the wet cough. Let’s have a look at them.
- Steam showers: Steam showers will help the person to have moisture in his airways. This way it will help in breaking up the mucus from the chest. It is better to stay in the bathroom for 5 minutes after the bath so that steam has enough time to go inside the airways. You can repeat this process daily whenever you feel that your wet cough is going worse.
- Honey: It is one of the most effective ways to cure both types of cough that is wet and dry cough along with it, it is very effective for cold as well. You can take 1 teaspoon of honey 30 minutes before going to bed. This will encourage sound sleep and will also reduce cough. You can repeat this process as it only has good effects on the body.
- Vitamin C: Whenever the person is suffering from cough or cold, he is suggested to take in more vitamin C in his diet. It can be done in both manners whether artificially or by taking natural ingredients. A person can eat more of oranges, have lemon in any way, and other citrus fruits for vitamin C in natural form.
- Hydration: Keeping yourself well hydrated will help you to not only cure the cough but will also prevent it. Aim to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water so that your throat does not dry up and you don’t feel irritated or inflamed.
- Ginger and basil tea: From ancient times ginger and basil tea is regarded as one of the effective ways that cure the cough. The tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that will help you to fight against the viral infection. And also it will soothe your throat and keep you well hydrated.
All these remedies are helpful for both adults, toddlers, and infants. Children’s immunity system is a little weak than adults that is the reason why they get more prone to viral infections like cold and cough. So it is better to treat them from the early stage of infection with the help of these home remedies. Along with it, cough syrup can be given, as you all are aware of Torex cough syrup benefits. It is regarded as one of the best ayurvedic syrup and is trusted by most of the doctors. In case the viral infection becomes severe you can see a doctor without any delay.