Food poisoning is a constant risk, especially with food stored for long. Here’s how you can keep your refrigerator clean and minimize the risk.
Modern often keeps us away from fresh food. You tend to store food in the fridge for a long time. Thanks to utilitarian products like Haier double door refrigerator and LG double door refrigerator in the market, you don’t have to worry about fridge space. However, you do have to take care of refrigerator hygiene. Bad hygiene can cause spoilage of food and lead to food poisoning. Here are a few easy steps that you can do to prevent such problems.
- Use baskets and containers for everything, whether it is eggs, cheese, vegetables, or leftover cheese. Have a container for the smallest of things. This ensures that liquids or smells from one item do not reach the other. An LG refrigerator model like the 3 Star Frost Free GL-T322RPZM is one of the best options for compartmentalizing. This is one of the best double door refrigerators in this price segment. You can buy this one if you are looking for a good LG double door refrigerator.
- Don’t overstock. You need to keep some space for air circulation. Otherwise, the temperature can dip below safety limits and cause bacteria to grow. Thankfully, with a Haier double door refrigerator like the 4 Star HRF-2984PMG-E in shiny black colour, you will always have ample space.
- Remove air from storage bags before shutting them and then store them.
- If you remove frozen foods from the freezer and thaw them at room temperature, bacteria can multiply rapidly. Instead, transfer them to the bottom compartment of the fridge, so that water doesn’t drip.
- Often, people refrigerate food that can stay well at room temperature. For example, potatoes. Declutter your fridge of such items and let the others breathe instead.
- Put a newspaper or paper napkin in your vegetable crisper, and then keep vegetables on it. The paper will soak moisture and juices that often come off vegetables and fruits. This way, you won’t have difficulty in cleaning the crisper either. Do not keep vegetables in the plastic bag you bought them with. You can use small hard plastic baskets for organising them. However, they get spoiled sooner in plastic bags.
- Keep only one opened bottle of everything in the fridge, whether it is ketchup, sauces, or spreads. Unopened ones can be kept outside. Any thing which is completely packed can be kept outside because most of the food products which are packed don’t need refrigeration. This way your fridge will not be filled up with unwanted food items and cooling will be quite effective.
- Do not keep food on plates or in cups in the fridge. Make a rule to keep it properly in a container. Keeping it open on a plate can not just spoil it easily, but also lead to a smell. Keeping it outside the container may affect the quality of other food items stored in your refrigerator. This way you can maintain a healthy hygienic environment inside your refrigerator.
- Keep dedicated shelves and compartments for everything. Only vegetables go in the crisper, and only fruits go in the fruit compartment. With the space and arrangement provided in an LG double door refrigerator, you can do this very easily.
- Do not keep leftovers in the fridge for over 2 days. After this limit, the food gets spoiled, changes in taste and texture, and can easily lead to health problems.
Apart from following these tips, you also must clean your fridge regularly and get it serviced. With a Haier refrigerator, your work is made easier by the ample space and arrangement and you will feel a lot better. If you don’t have one yet, the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network is your place to get one.
Bajaj Finserv EMI Network
The Bajaj Finserv EMI Network is a payment system with instant financing options. You can easily divide the cost of your purchase into easy installments over the network. With minimal down payment, minimal processing fees, and minimal documentation, it is indeed a convenient service.