The nail fungus emerges as a white or yellow spot beneath the tip of your fingernail or toenail. Once the fungal intensity multiplies the infection could pave way for discolouration or thicken. In fact the impact could spread over to various nails. If the condition is mild you can get away with an anti -fungal nail polish cream. But if it is causing irritation and becoming a cause of concern, then self- care along with mediation would be of help. Once again even if the treatment is successful the infection could return back.
In severe cases of nail fungus it could be damaging and cause extreme levels of damage to your nails. Sometimes the infections could even extent beyond the nails as you could have a suppressed immune system because of mediation, diabetes or any other condition. Once you are suffering from diabetes there is reduced blood circulation and nerve supply on to your feet. You are at a great risk of bacterial infection. So compared to any other type of infection nail infection could cause a lot of complications. The nails that are affected by infections tend to be brittle or weak. Apart from the infections this could give out a pungent smell.
How you can cope up with nail infections
Over the counter products are not suggested with nail infections as they do not provide reliable results. In cases the doctor might recommend a nail fungus cream or other form of fungal creams could be prescribed as well. It all depends upon the extent of the infection or the degree of the infection you could be using the cream for months. Though in the extreme cases the nail might be separated so that a new one goes on to emerge on the area. The physicians also go on to make use of nail fungus or lasers.
How to prevent nail infections
To prevent nail fungus from developing you can pick up the following habits
- Your hands along with feet have to be washed on a regular basis. Once you teach the infected nail clean your hands. After washing dampen your nails.
- The nails have to be trimmed across as it files down the dense areas. After each use you have to sterilize your nail clippers
- You have to change your socks or your sweat bearing socks several times during the course of the day
- The choice of shoes ought to be one that is breathable.
- Do not use the same towel in the family with an individual who is suffering from nail fungus. This is going to spread the infection in a quick manner
- In the locker rooms you need to wear a footwear
- The toe nails along with the finger nails have to be trimmed on a regular basis
- Opt for a nail salon that manicures the nails
You can overcome a nail infection if the right type of treatment is provided and that too at the right time. You need to regularly check out on your toes.